Monday, April 6, 2009

Mr. Gorbachev, Tear Down This Wall

Insomnia overwhelmed me tonight as I thought of a close friend in a desperate situation. My brain was on overdrive as I lay next to snoring husband, asking Allah for guidance.

And eventually, I started thinking about going to get the New York Times off the doorstep. Hoping it would be early. No such luck.

Somehow out of all of this, a new blog was born. This one will be about politics. About science. About abortion. About how religion is tied to politics and whether that's a good thing. About the Scopes Monkey Trial and evolution. About the conservative movement. About looking to the past as we move into the future. And Globama. Who knows where it will go.

My inner Ann Coulter and Maureen Dowd is emerging from the fog. Perplxin Texan wanted me to find something sexy about myself to write about. Well, I can think of nothing sexier Perplxin than a genius, political writer like Maureen Dowd from The New York Times. Of course, I'm not nearly as smart as she is, nor was I blessed with red hair. Watch me try and fail miserably.

The point of all of this is simple. Crazy things come out of my imagination at 4:00 am, people.

15 comments:

  1. HEHEHE HAVE FUN!

    Sounds liek this'll be a HOT SPOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. write more and more with variety of topics

    i would like to see this blog like a magazine

    one thing i have observed is that, at no point of time, you show your emotions while writing. you have all qualities of journalist - why can't you take up that job - its not too late to do a course of journalism :)

    My prayers with almighty for your grand future and youssef's welfare

    gurudEva dayaa karo deena jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck sister!
    I can't wait to hear YOUR opinion of the world :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. American Muslima Writer,

    Laughing * I think the jury is still out on that one. But, I'm haivng fun with all the American songs and remembering our history. I just hope I can think of something to write about, but I think it will be easy :) Love you~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mina,

    Are you sure? Laughing * We'll see, I guess in a way like the other blogs this will be a letter to myself as well about what I was doing at this point in my life. Hopefully, it will be nice :) Love you so much, thinking of you today as you miss your habiby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Srinivas,

    Oh thank you! Tears * I would LOVE that job, I wish very much to work at NY Times, a complete dream. Watch as I falter with this blog. You see I had NO CLUE I would do it. I always visualized a blog about politics and current events, but wasn't sure. Srinivas, you are so, so nice. Love you dearly~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Modeat Justice,

    Thank you for your well-wishes. We'll see what happens. This blog comes at a time when things have tapered off as far as SNL and criticizing Bush since he's a private citizen. We'll see how it goes. I just impulsively made the move at 4 am :) Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happily, I am of the same political leaning, I think we'll get along just fine here....

    G-d belss and good luck Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lurker in Columbus,

    Yay! You don't know how relieved I am to have an ally in this. I'm a little nervous :) Love you so much, good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This blog sounds intriguing. I'm gona save it under Favourites. I'll be checking everyday, just like your other blog hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. xoxo Nadia,

    Awe....thanks sister! You are awesome. I'm so excited too!

    ReplyDelete